Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A New Month Has Dawned

So, it's the third of the month, but still a new month for us! :-) All the kids are out of school as of tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the slightly more relaxed schedule, especially as I need rest breaks more often!

But summer is great, and Jonathan and I are looking forward to things we have planned, such as the library's summer reading club (appropriately bug themed this year, which is great for our kids!), swimming at the YMCA and swim center, going to the park, having daily craft/school prep time when it is too hot to play outside, and reading through a book(s) as a family (we are starting James and the Giant Peach tonight). We are also starting a new devotional series with them; last summer and fall we went through the Pentateuch (the 1st five books of the Bible), and this spring have gone through the Ten Commandments, the Greatest Commandments, and the Fruit of the spirit. This summer, though, we are going to start going through the Bible and learning about the names of God, which I have really enjoyed studying as I write their daily "lesson" for them.

My only hitch in starting all this is that Baby Rogers may be coming a little earlier than we had been planning. I've been planning for a July baby, as we have an end of June due date, but today at our weekly OB appointment I was told that I will most likely not be allowed past my due date and need to prepare for the fact that I may have to go early. The reason? My stinking blood pressure; the stint of 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago when my BP skyrocketed seems to be having lasting effects. Though my BP is not in the danger zone at this point, it is still higher than normal. Secondly, I'm retaining fluid like mad, though I'm drinking a gallon of water a day. I gained five pounds of water weight in one week, which frustrated me to no ends, as we really been watching my diet of the past couple of weeks. I feel like a bloated whale, literally! So though I'm excited about seeing our little one earlier than we thought, I'm not wild about the idea of being induced - harder labor (I want to do this naturally), higher chance of a C-section, not being able to labor quite as I'd like to, etc. But it's about the health of me and the baby in the long run, so if it's in God's will, it is!

Well, I'm working on dinner so we can go swim tonight - adios!

No comments: