Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Clock is Ticking!

Told you I'd be updating again by the end of the day!

Well, we went back in to the doctor this morning, and though some of my lab work came back negative or normal (primarily the tests for preeclampsia and my platelet count), it did indicate that the high blood pressure is beginning to make me sick and starting to do damage to my kidneys. At this time, however, being induced could be very difficult on myself and the baby, and we would run a much higher chance at a c-section as my body needs to do some natural work to get ready for labor first. In the meantime, we are on a ticking clock, trying to give the baby a bit more time in utero and my body a chance to prepare for labor without me getting to the point where I will struggle with labor because of the hypertension/kidney issues, and thus, needing a c-section because I don't have the strength to go through labor. So we wait and see! Our OB is predicting that we will be induced by this time next week, though we will know more when we go back into seeing him again on Monday.

When we got back, we talked with our director, and we are going to go ahead and go off-duty on Monday, with the baby pending so close, and lots of doctor visits next week anyway, and will stay off-duty until I've recovered from labor and we are ready to get back to work (about two weeks).

Will we keep you posted as we know things, and Lord willing, will be announcing our little one to you soon!

No comments: