Friday, June 6, 2008

Bedrest (Again!)

I think my title says it all.


Bedrest.


Again.


But this time for longer; at least until next Tuesday, when we go back into the doctor for our weekly checkup. I have a funny feeling though that I will be on bedrest until our little one decides to make an appearance into the world. Our OB is already planning on having us not go past our due date due to my blood pressure issues. Thankfully, it is still gestational hypertension and not preeclampsia (a much more serious pregnancy induced hypertension). And as we track my blood pressure, we tend to find that it is higher in the morning and early afternoons than in the evening, which I would have figured would be the other way around. It's frusterating at times; for example, just taking a shower this morning bumped it up to 144/94, and took an hour and a half before it came down again.


We are managing, though, and Jonathan has done well in running the house. Thankfully, we have three kids going on home visits today for the weekend, so it won't be some busy here. How we are going to do the grocery shopping will be interesting... the Sam's Club order will be fine (we do it online and just pick it up), but Publix... we're still working through that! Plus, since Jonathan is cooking, he needs to make a menu that suits him; my cooking style is different! :-)


I'm keeping my sanity; I pulled out my craft basket yesterday and got started on an unfinished cross-stitch I started right after our honeymoon, and am working on a new afghan that will probably end up being a Christmas present for someone (I tend do give craft stuff for gifts if I can plan enough ahead!). I'm also reading through Jane Austin's books, which is fun, and a friend of mine brought me a whole stack of magazines to flip through this morning. Maximum time for bedrest should only be about three weeks, so I think I can handle it.


Well, I should be signing off now - have a wonderful day! :-)