Monday, June 9, 2008

Baby Update

Here's the update of the day for y'all! :-)

We went to the OB today, instead of my scheduled appointment for tomorrow, since my blood pressure (BP) was kind of crazy over the weekend. We spent an hour on the fetal monitor, and since my BP has been spiking up over 150/100 anytime I get out of bed, I am now on a mild dose of blood pressure medicine so I don't stroke out next time I get up to go use the bathroom! I really don't like it, but that isn't uncommon; I don't do well on prescription medications. This one makes me groggy and shaky. But anyway, it seems to be doing the job; I've only been over 140/90 twice today (hypertension level), and yep, I'm still on bedrest until the little girls arrives into the world.

In the meantime, they are doing a slew of labwork on me and we have to go back in Wednesday morning for more. We will have all the results by my Thursday morning appointment and depending on the results, we could be induced Thursday or Friday. If everything comes back negative, we will probably be induced sometime next week, more for my health than the baby's. He'd like to see my get into my 38th week and see my body get a bit more naturally prepared for labor; with where I was at today, I run a higher risk for a c-section. But the baby dropped over the weekend, so he's hopeful with the extra pressure on my pelvis that I'll start to dilate a bit before we have to induce. It's thrown us for a bit of a loop; we were so sure that we were going to have a July baby (our original due date is June 29th), so two weeks early is not what we were expecting!

In other news, we got a new girl, age 7, today. Needless to say, she's a bit of a handful (she's ADHD, and really needs some guidance on respect, obedience, and manners!), and I feel guilty not being able to help her adjust more (only so much I can do in bed!) and then looking at us being off duty for at least two weeks. But at this point, we can only do what we can do, so I'm trying not to stress out about it. One of our kiddos, the 2 year boy, will be leaving on Thursday, and we're bummed; we've grown a bit attached to him over the past 5-6 weeks.

Well, we need to go to bed; I just wanted to post a quick update while I was online (we actually just finished our shopping list via Sam's Club click-n-pull) and we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

19 Days or Sooner! :)