Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back in the Grind

Not necessary speaking of the coffee grind, though I did drink more of that than I usually do. Nope, I was back to work yesterday, finally. I've only worked 3 days in the past two weeks due to the holidays, Emily's viral infection, and Jonathan's eye injury.

I don't know if Jonathan was too thrilled that I went back to work (he at least had mixed feelings) - taking care of Emily while still getting over his eye injury can be a bit challenging for him. Thankfully, Jonathan's mom is coming into town next week to help out and that will be a huge blessing. Yet, money needs to be made to cover the new medical bills, as well as pay our current bills, so high ho, high ho, it's back to work I go.

In general, yesterday good day. I spent five hours in our information kiosk at Walmart and enjoyed the conversation and the leads. However, I got preached to, twice. Don't get me wrong - I'm a Christian and all about sharing my faith, but oh my goodness! It was soooo offensive, even to me. If I already didn't have my faith and beliefs, I would not look at Christianity after my run-ins today. It's so sad to me that Christians are often the reason than Christianity often leaves such a bad taste in other people's months. Makes one think about how I appear to others.

Anyway, it was a good start to what looks like a good week; I'm enjoying working as an agent now, which I've been doing since "the divorce", as we've started calling the takeover that led to the creation of a new company, which I now work for. The hours can be a bit longer sometimes, but the growth is great, so I can't complain. Never thought my background in linguistics and Bible translation would give me the aptitude for insurance and sales! :-)

But speaking of work, I've got a 9:00 AM appointment, so I must go.

Have a great day, y'all!

No comments: