Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Journey

As I've posted here before, and as many of you well know, struggling with my weight has been more than a decade-long journey. Add my recent pregnancy, and I'm the highest I've ever been.

Ugh.

Truth be told, I hate dieting. I hate starving myself and being so hungry I'm nauseous. But I need something, anything; a program to help guide and motivate me. That's why when I discovered Atkins a year-and-a-half ago, I loved it. And the weight came off. 35 pounds in four months. Then I got pregnant and gained 45. I've only lost half of that baby weight.

But Jonathan does Weight Watchers and loves it. Hmm.... problem there. The principles of Atkins and Weight Watchers don't exactly mesh, so that means cooking two dinners for us.

I hate that.

In addition, I hate counting points. I hate counting calories. I hate counting carbs. I'm too stinkin' busy for it.

So I started doing research and I've found one that I can use, but still cook a supper that works for both of us. Low-fat and calorie for Jonathan, lower carb for me. Hello, South Beach!! And so far, so good - it's been a week, and we're both truly enjoying it, and I'll be posting more about that later.

To help track our weight-loss progress, Jonathan has created a new blog called "The Journey" for the two of us that you are welcome to visit it at http://jdrogers.blogspot.com/. Please leave comments and encouragement - losing the amount of weight we both need to lose takes a long time and a lot of commitment. But we didn't put it on overnight, so it won't come off overnight, so please continue to follow with us!

No comments: