Monday, January 5, 2009

She's Coming For Me

Everyone knows that babies are cute.

Cuddly.

Cheek pinch-able.

Little toes to nibble on and play "This Little Piggy".

Absolutely Adorable.

Now don't get me wrong, my Emily is all of those. Except for in the mornings. Not first thing in the morning, mind you, but those last three minutes before I walk out of the door, and then it is watch out!

The ugly spit-up monster morphs my little girl into an infant version of the pea-green soup head-spinning character from the Exorcist. Spews. Everywhere. And this new infant of mine is especially attracted to my suit jackets; you know, the ones that have to be dry-cleaned?

Am I the only mommy who gets dressed in her last 30 seconds at home and does not put on her suit jacket until she's at the car?

No comments: