Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life is Getting Back on Track

For those of you who know, I have been working for an insurance company (the local office of a national company) since we moved here early this fall. It's been a bit of a crazy ride. To make a long story short, at the beginning of November there was a corporate buy-out of the national company, and the existing CEO and the rest of the V.P.'s and directors, down to all the regional branch managers (including my boss) resigned. When this happened, they established a new corporation with a much larger and more established national company and are now under the wing of this company.

At that time, I had three options in front of me. Stay with UIG, the company I was originally working for, go with my boss and manager to the new company, as I was one of eight asked to go over with them, or go a completely different route. I chose to go with the new company, and though at has been a hard and very busy month of transition, I am glad I did. And I finally (finally!) got my paycheck yesterday - things have gotten a bit tight while we've waited for the new payroll to get set up, and our emergency savings had gotten depleted with the birth of Emily and our move to Georiga. But I think things are looking up again. Killing our debt again, here we come!!! :-)

But I'm enjoying a weekend off right now - it's the first one I haven't worked in about three weeks. And Emily is sooo snuggly today in her new Pooh Bear flannel footie P.J.'s, so I'm going to spend time with her. I'll post again soon!

No comments: