Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired...

I don't know what it is lately, but I've been fighting one thing or another this past month. Ugh! Jonathan made me go see the doctor today (I had a check-up scheduled on Thursday, but he thought I was going to be dead by then). I'm glad I did - I have an upper respiratory infection, so I'm on antibiotics and a super-duper decongestant/expectorant.

And once again, my wonderful hubby saved the day! I had made supper at lunch time (chicken lasagna to throw into the over for a bit before supper), salad, and then just a loaf of garlic bread to heat up, so he served dinner and let me lay down. The only condition? That I bathe the three toddlers in the morning, and I said I could handle that! :-) But he even started a new motivation star/chart system with them, something we'd been talking about with them, but I hadn't had the time to put into motion yet.

Good news of the day is that baby is doing fine - 152 heartbeats a minute, and everything that is going on with my body is totally normal (minus the above mentioned infection). So yea there! I'll just be happy when I can talk again - I haven't had a voice in almost 3 days, and I have a list of people to call, be it for volunteers, Premier contacts, family catching-up, etc. I'm hoping to be better soon!

Our new little boy is adjusting well, and now that he has started eating (only took him 2 1/2 days!), is a bundle of joy. Laughs all the time, and is Jonathan's little puppy dog; follows him around everywhere, literally. He babbles constantly, but has a very small vocabulary for someone three months shy of turning three. Hopefully we'll see an improvement there in the next few months.

My thoughts are very scatter-brained at the moment (probably the medication!), so pardon the random post. Y'all have a great night!

2 comments:

Becky L said...

We can be sick together! Yippee!
Good news that the baby is doing well.
I haven't stopped by in a LONG TIME. I'm a bad blogger friend-- so sorry!

NicholeLNelson said...

Ew, sorry you're sick!