Sunday, May 11, 2008

A New Day For Me!

I've never gotten to celebrate Mother's Day for myself before, but this year is special. :-) It's funny - a year ago today we interviewed at Calvary Home; it's been a good year, but a full and busy year!

So Jonathan made me the coolest present that I got earlier in the week. As many of you know, we are addicted to a board game named "Settlers of Catan" and the various additional games that go with it ("Cities & Knights of Catan", and we are desperately trying to find a 3rd edition "Seafarers of Catan" to match the other two we have). Anyway, the boxes they come in are falling apart, so this is what Jonathan made for me:




It's a really cool antique-looking chest; I love being married to a guy who is very handy!

In the meantime, I'm not feeling so hot this weekend, which I hate, as this is our weekend off and our last weekend to go out of town, as my OB has "grounded" me after May 18th. So we are at the family farm in Georgia, relaxing, and just getting a chance to spend some quality time together. Jonathan's been very patient with me feeling yucky, which is great. We drove into Augusta last night to this really good Indian restaurant, the Taj of India. It was very authentic, and really good. I've been craving Indian for months now, and baby and I enjoyed vegetable samosa, chicken curry with balsamic rice, and lots of fresh naan very much! :-)

Right now we are both fighting a yucky cold that won't go away, and on top of that, my upper back has really been causing me problems for the past week (really bad since Friday), so I'm going to try and see if I can go in on Monday to see my chiropractor. For my pregnant friends, I highly recommend chiropractic care during pregnancy; it has helped so much! Over the past week, though, I've had the Webster Technique done, so my hip/tailbone problems have all but gone away, thanks to having a fantastic chiropractor. Hopefully, Dr. Clay can help with my upper back that has been acting up this weekend; I'd love to be able sleep well again!

I think that is about it for now - arrivederci!

1 comment:

Gina Marie Perpetua said...

Hey Debbie!

This is Gina Russo. I've read your blog off and on since you were on Xanga.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm curious about Calvary Home and your ministry. How does one become involved in a ministry like that? What are the qualifications? My fiancé and I are interested in that type of ministry at some point in the future.

Email me at marie.verus@gmail.com.