Monday, March 17, 2008

It's Taking Over the House...

I'm seriously ready to call the exterminator. I can't touch the problem or even see it, but man, can I ever smell. And it is not just a bad aroma, like a dirty diaper. Over the weekend, it has grown to a full-blown knock you on your rear-end stench.

So we have looked. Everywhere.

In the cupboards. The pantry. Behind the appliances (we had a hamster who died behind the stove once when I was growing up). Under furniture. All the kid's backpacks. All the the diaper bags. Nada. NOTHING!

And the stench is getting stronger.

I'm beginning to think that it is maybe in the vents. Why? Well, there is an air duct right above the area that has the strongest aroma, but at some times of the day it is tolerable, but at others, it is awful. So our maintenance guy is going to do some looking tomorrow to see what he can find.

I hope he finds it. I think it's a dead mouse or something. But it makes my house smell awful and if DHEC were to walk in for a surprise inspection, we'd be busted. That and my pregnant nose can't stand it too much longer.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Find it yet? Did I tell you about finding the mouse in the cereal box? Y0u probably don't want to know, huh?

Burgh Baby said...

I remember days like that when I was a kid. Now we have cats, so the mice are too scared to come in and play. Thank goodness, because the mystery stench is a NIGHTMARE!