Thursday, March 20, 2008

And Still No Cigar...

We still have not found the source of the stench in the house, which makes me think it is in the walls. Yucky. And of course, it has to be right in my two most-used rooms of the house: the kitchen (and thus the pantry) and the laundry room.

*sigh*

And when I thought the week couldn't get any worse (what is worse than a dead animal rotting in the wall?), Cheyeanne came down in spots and fever yesterday. Yep, we have the chicken pox in the house. Doesn't matter that she was vaccinated against it - apparently you can still get it! No one else is showing spots yet, so I'm crossing my fingers. And yes, I did call my OB - since I had it when I was a kid, I (and Baby Rogers) are not at risk at this time.

But on a happy note, we are starting on my garden this week! :-) We got all the supplies at Lowe's yesterday and today and tomorrow, Jonathan is working on making me three raised beds for my 13 veggies that we will grow this year (and about six herbs, and marigolds, morning glories, zinneas, and sunflowers that the kids are growing). I'm so happy! I haven't had a garden in two years. Oooh, and I'm getting to start making my own compost this season, too (I prefer the brown/green layers - not nearly as smelly as some compost), so I can have truly awesome stuff for the winter garden and next spring. As we get it planted, I'll post pictures.

As I'm procrasting the dishes and laundry, I should go. Hopefully our car will come back home to us soon (she's getting a tune-up today), so I can do some Premier errands this afternoon.

1 comment:

Becky L said...

The one nice thing about chicken pox is that once you have them, its done. You don't get them again. SO at least you can try to get some consolation from that