Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's Easter!

Well, technically Easter is tomorrow, but Happy Easter weekend to everyone! In some ways I hated being off duty this weekend; there were a couple more cool things I wanted to do with the kids, such as resurrection cookies. But the new garden project kind of took over during the last two days, and all of us, kids included have had a ball with it. The boys helped Jonathan find the stones and dig in the dirt, and the girls helped me get tomato, green pepper, herbs, zinnias, and teddy bear sunflowers into peat planters to grow for the few weeks so we can put them into the garden. In the next week or so we'll plant peas, green beans, carrots, spinach, lettuce, onions, okra, strawberries, cucumbers, yellow squash, and watermelons now that our frost season is done. Here are the garden-ready, preplanting pictures of my fantastic husband's landscaping project:













He did such a good job, and I love the walkway (it matches his other project on the other side of the backyard). He also put a gate in on the garden side so we don't have to walk behind the house every time we come outside. I love the spring - we are going to spend so much time out there this year!


We've also got new pictures of the kiddos, but I think I'll put those on a seperate post!

No comments: