Wednesday, January 16, 2008

An Ode to my Husband

So many times we hear the expression: "Behind every great man is a great woman". Well, in my case, behind my busy mommy mask is a fantastic husband.

Take last night for instance. I was having one of those days yesterday - you know, the exhausted/have no energy/killer headache type days? Well at about five o'clock yesterday, Jonathan tells me to go lay down. So I did. And this man went (after taking D'ante to the dentist for two extractions, washing and vacuuming the van and our car, and cleaning up two potty-training accidents) and put supper on the table, instructed them in the chores, got all seven into baths and PJ's, and put them to bed.

Then (yes, there is more to come) he makes me supper - hearty tomato soup (with basil sprinkled on top), a slice of my homemade bread with butter and honey, and a glass of milk. Then I got my back rubbed and cuddle time... *sigh* I haven't slept all night in weeks until last night. It was wonderful. :-)

Many, many kudos to him!

Okay, back to procrastinating laundry and the start of dinner and finishing Premier hostess packets...

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

So sweet! I Love you and I am still in love with you!

-Jonathan

Becky L said...

We're lucky. Not a lot of husbands will help out like that. Andrew helps out a lot too. Very nice.