Saturday, August 16, 2008

A New (Sick) Day

I hate to wake up on Saturday mornings to sick kids. Even worse is waking up with a sick husband. But put them together and it is yucky!!


Yep, Emily had her first sick visit to the doctor this morning (I am truly thankful that our pediatrician is open on Saturday mornings); nothing major, but with six other kids in the house, I was not going to let a yucky, matty eye go without some attention. She technically has a blocked tear-duct, but since her eye is already filling with green goo, she has an eye ointment to prevent pinkeye.



But it was nice to have a weight-check - she is exactly 11 1/2 pounds. Not that I needed a weight check; she has her two-month check-up on Monday. At least she's gaining good! But Jonathan is sick in bed with stomach issues, so I'll try to keep the house quiet this morning. I've got to run to Walmart anyway, and I'll take the kiddos with me there, and maybe to the library. I might even take them to the YMCA; it is cooler today, and Emily won't boil in the heat.

However, I was not thrilled to see the following this week, even though it is cute:






I shouldn't be surprised - I sucked my finger for years...



In totally other news, in case you didn't know, Jonathan and I are leaving Calvary Home. He is going to be working for the school district in Burke County, Georgia, and helping with his grandparent's farm. This is where the majority of our family lives, and we'd eventually like to build on the land Jonathan will receive from his grandparents. We've wanted to be down there eventually; this is a little sooner than we had planned! However, we feel that we've come full cycle with our kiddos at Calvary and that God is leading us in a new direction.



That's about it for now - I need to get feed Emily. Oh, and she kicked me off her blog and did a post of her own this morning. ;-) You can view it at:


http://pictures-of-emily.blogspot.com/


I'll try to post more later!

No comments: