Monday, February 22, 2010

Recipe Monday

Muffin in a Minute

This is one of my favorite low-carb bread substitutes. You can alter the various spices to change the flavor. I like a sweeter one in the morning with cinnamon and vanilla, or a muffin that plays with your taste buds by using garlic and dill (great with cream cheese!). In the fall, I'll even add some pumpkin for a fun festive treat. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or whatever spice you are trying)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon butter

Directions:
1. Stir the dry ingredients together in a mug (some people use a bowl if they want more of a bread or bun shape instead of a muffin)
2. Add the egg and butter.
3. Microwave for one minute
4. Take out, slice, add your toppings, and eat!

I use a lot of different toppings, depending on what mood I'm in - butter, cream cheese, jelly, egg & cheese (if I'm making a breakfast sandwich). Experiment and have fun! :-)

No comments: