Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tattle, Tattle

I have to laugh some days at Emily. She's a bit of a goody-two-shoes, if you ask me, but Jonathan says she gets that from her mommy. However, I see a rebellious streak in her which I'm sure I'm going to see more of in the future. For example, after the millionth time of Emily grabbing something she wasn't supposed to:



Emily: "Mine?"



Me: "Emily, if you touch that again, mommy is going to give you a swat".



Emily: "Nuh-uh" (of course in a sassy tone)



Me: "Oh really? You wanna bet?"



Needless to say, she didn't touch it again until I was in the shower and Daddy was watching her (and of course, he didn't know about the exchange she and I went through). But to her credit, she tattles on him, too. Yesterday I was resting in bed while they played in the living room when I heard her exclaim "Daddy!", and come tearing into my room, babbling all the way about what Daddy had done. He followed her with a laugh to explain that he "ate" her toy horse, and of course, she had to run to tell me about how bad her daddy was.



I love toddlers - their minds are so interesting! She's learned that she's cute, and when you tell her "no" to something, she'll come lay her head on your leg, look up at you with her big blue eyes, put on her biggest smile, and ask again. In which you have to tell her "no", again, which half of the time leads to more manipulation, or tears. Only rarely do I ever get a "yes ma'am" (the baby sign for yes is what she is instructed to say) and she goes on her way.






No comments: