Sunday, December 7, 2008

I think (and hope) our search is done!

What search is that, you ask?

Why, it's the biggest, most yucky, very marriage-challenge search we've had in quite a while.

Yep, finding a new home church.

It's funny how two people very accustomed to working in fulltime ministry would struggle soooo much with finding a church home. But in a word, it makes sense. We've never gotten to choose our own church - they have always come with our jobs. So yep, Jonathan & I have had a challenge as we've weighted the pros and cons of church shopping.

But I think we finally found one we agree upon.

We've visited their "daughter church" before, and though we both really liked aspects of it, it wasn't the one for us. But today we went to their planting church, and we both really felt that this is a church we can stay in for a long; I can totally see Emily growing up in this church (did I say I really like their children's ministry?). So yeah, I think we've finally our new church home.

:-)

Yeah!

Big weight off our shoulders.

Check it out at www.vineyardaugusta.org.

No comments: