Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a Week!

Phew! I'm so glad it is Saturday! The boys are going roller skating this morning, so it just leaves us with the four girls for awhile. It has been a crazy week - field trips, DSS visits, my trip to the hospital, getting one of our girls ready to leave when her adoption is finalized in the next week or so, keeping the house up to DHEC and licensing standards for a surprise inspection we know is coming soon, doctor's visits to have warts removed and tonsils checked, training new volunteers... argh! It was busy!

It's been a good week, too; we've paid off two more of our smaller debts this month (a total of nine in the past two months), we had a ball yesterday afternoon cleaning house with all the kids (did you know you can clean a 6500 sq foot house in about two hours when you have seven kids helping out?), so if the weather holds, we'll go out for ice cream this afternoon. I'm feeling 100% better than I have in the past couple of weeks, everyone is finally well after about 2 1/2 weeks of a very nasty gastrointestinal bug. Then to top it off, Jonathan and I got to have a free date last night - we'd been given a gift card to the movies for Christmas, so we even splurged and got concessions, which we never do. However, that is the last movie we see in the theater until baby comes; I simply cannot sit for two hours in a chair without my tailbone lighting on fire!

I've also finally started on our daughter's baby blanket this week (I know, I know - it's a little late!), and Jonathan has put the nursery up and is probably 90% done with it. It's also been a week of dreaming - future jobs, saving a down payment for a house and how long that will take when we are debt free (this is of course after we start saving for retirement and a college fund for Baby Rogers), when we would want to start trying for Baby #2, etc. We're content here, but it is fun to plan for the future as well.

When Jonathan downloads pictures from the digital camera, I'll have some more pictures to post, but none right now. Have a blessed day, and I'm off to get the kiddos up before the toddlers wake up Jonathan!

No comments: